Sunday, April 6, 2008

Napfa test, getting house exco logistics

Had my napfa test this morning, got Gold, surprised myself with the 8 chin ups that i did ( yes i am proud of it ). Never did so much before in my entire life, although i know compared to some of you out there, 8 is a piece of cake. Got 50 for my sit ups, with a little help from Jo, initially got a D for my sit and reach but asked CK to help me stretch ( thanks ), and manage to scrap a D. shuttle run, drifted as usual, eroding the sole of my adizer and got 9.5. Standing board jump, managed a C. After that, we had our last item, the 2.4 run. The sun was like blazing down at 10am when we ran, probably contributed a couple of seconds to my timing. Got 9.03 AGAIN! cant seem to break the 9 minute barrier. used Chirstopher as a pacer for the 1st 5 rounds, ut when he sprinted for the last 100 m, i was flat already, so lagged behind. When i heard his timing of 8.59 being called out, i knew that 9 was beyond me haha. Nevermind shall train harder for next year in NS.

After that me and Benjamin went to get logistics stuff from the army market at beach road for the upcoming house com camp ( its on friday ). managed a wee bit of bargaining such as going around the shops until we manage to reduce the initial price of the lightsticks per piece form $1 to 50 cents. Job well done. Was seriously exhausted from all the walking when i was going home, was semi concious slipping in and out of sleep on the bus ride home, and by then (3pm) i havent had anything since dinner the previous day. No joke with Napfa in the morning.

Filled in the NS pre-registeration thingy a couple of hours ago, booked on 17th of July with the rest of the 0713 guys, so any of my friends if you are reading this and wanna follow, this is the date. seriously long. My helmet size is Large, lol, big head ( does it = big brain= big intellegence? lol ). The sizes are pretty erratic, e.g. my pants size are a 31 but my swimming trunks are a Large. Hope the attire fits when the time comes to put them on next year. Think i am gonna start on alcohols and whatever is the other chapter tutorials today. Damn, itsbeen a long time since i touched homework on a sunday.

It was lost,
back from the dead it came,
yet do i still want it?
I am not sure

I learned the lesson that great men cultivate love, and that only little men cherish a spirit of hatred. I learned that assistance given to the weak makes the one who gives it strong; and that oppression of the unfortunate makes one weak. - Brooker T. Washington

No comments: