Saturday, April 19, 2008

Life on a rollercoaster

The football team drew ACJC 2-2 today. Good result, as ACJC had won all 4 of their previous matches before meeting us, including defeating RJ, last year's nationals champion. As of now NYJC has 6 points from 4 games, ie. drew 3 won 1. It is not as bad as it seems, as we already dealt with the 2 biggest opponents in our group, and are still undefeated. If u wanna catch dramatic and exciting football that will rocket your heart rate, watch NYJC. Today was another thriller as usual, conceded 2 within the 1st 3 minutes, ( the team has a thing bout lapse of concentration at the start of the game ). I thought it was game over from the bench, but slowly clawed our way to a 2-2 draw. I thought the 2 goals could have been prevented if danial had not been dreaming lah. Then their keeper blundered and it was 2-1. mid-way through the 2nd half, we conceded and saved a penalty. Before yong scored a beauty of a free kick form somewhere not far from the halfway line near the stroke of full time to level the scores. So tons of drama for all you football enthusiasts out there. It was a similar story for the last few games. Against TJC, we scored 1st, but near the final whistle, we allowed them to score, but we somehow managed to conjure up a goal like straight from the restart. Against SAJC, we probably let in one of the fastest goal ever in A divisions, according to coach, it was 52 seconds, then we scored right at the death to force a 1-1 stalemate. Interesting stuff. As for me, i have played a grand total of 10 minutes so far with 1 goal. Have spent lots and lots of time bidding my time on the bench. Well, if the team manages to win or even reach the semis, i will have no qualms about it. I already contributed ( and hope to contribute more ) so quite satisfied. Argh, if only i had been more consistent in J1, the right back slot was mine for the taking. Although ning is doing a great job at right back now haha, but we play 2 different styles.

Had our house exco camp for our J1s last weekend. 3 days 2 nights, draining is an understatement. I slept a grand total of 3 hours for the entire camp, and i am still counted as one of the people who slept the most. Group 1 rocks lol, was their mentor together with Shi Xuan and Darren. Started the camp with some major logistical screw up ( and i decided not to go to my alumni band practice because of that, i guess i have to withdraw after all, just too busy with too many stuff ). The programs mostly went smoothly except for some minor and 1 major hiccup. Can tell the 1st batch of house exco have gone a long way, and did pretty well considering that we had no examples to follow, no seniors to guide us, and no idea what this is all about when we 1st started out. Many thanks to danielle for all her hard work for the camp. I dont think anyone could have done a better job, and played the villian so well lol. Glad the J1s found it tough, yet managed to enjoy the process, learn new stuff, and bond among themselves and the seniors ( us ). Again i declare, this IS NOT meant to be a tekan camp like the SC's. We've got a promising batch of recruits, can expect great things from them. As a sidenote, thanks to arrun for smuggling that breezer in, haha.

Now on to the PW results ( bear with me reader ) I got a B, as most of you reading my blog should know by now, the rest of my group all got C, and my class has no As. I feel that its a pity, because if our WR is only maybe average in standard, i would have gotten my A, easily. Also feeling sad for my group who put in so much effort, especially HH. But this is one subject where hard work does not necessarily translate into results. You need to have that quality in your work to, and that i am sorry to say was lacking in my group ( including me ). Hardwork just isnt enough sometimes. I am also peeved and astounded by the percentage distinction in certain other colleges and the results achived by other people. Call this arrogant, but i do not believe that my standard of writing, presenting and ideas are in anyway inferior to some of the people in these categories. I just cannot stand it when these people, whom i feel that i am easily a notch above, get the same results or score better than me, especially if their individual efforts do not match up to their grades and they only get pulled up because of their group. Also, i sure as hell dont think my report writing or oral skills are lacking behind half of the YJ population, with all due respect. Gotta also improve my GP, its getting from bad to worse, must do something drastic to it, as with my other subjects, when my commitments end.

Damn, it IS complicated. Why cant it be simple, like in black and white.

Love partakes of the soul itself. It is of the same nature. Like the soul, it is a divine spark; it is incorruptible, indivisible, imperishable. It is a point of fire within us, which is immortal and infinite, which nothing can limit and nothing can extinguish. We feel it burning even in the marrow of our bones, and we see it radiate even to the depths of the sky. - Victor Hugo, Les Misérables

No comments: